Quality Manager Position Overview:
Responsible for managingand directing quality programs to ensure continuous improvement in operationsconsistent with established standards. Responsible for implementing andauditing industry accepted quality standard programs and policies. Develops andinitiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and/or evaluation. Formulatesand maintains quality control objectives and coordinates with procedures inother disciplines. Participates in advanced quality planning and devisessampling plan procedures.
- Directs the activities of the quality department including quality engineering, inspection, auditing, and calibration.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates process capability improvements with product development and manufacturing engineering.
- Develops and maintains quality systems to meet OE customer requirements including frequent and direct interface with customers.
- Develops, administers, and maintains quality training programs for all levels of employees including shop floor inspection standards, SPC, quality awareness, FMTips (root cause analysis), etc.
- Maintains TS 16949 quality system.
- Coordinate efforts in scrap reduction with all other facets of the organization.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of personnel practices, human relations skills, and management development technologies.
- Read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate instructions and correspondence
- Schedule labor effectively to maximize productivity by planning parts needed for production requirements.
- Coach, train, mentor, and discipline team members as necessary.
- Completes annual reviews for team members.Education:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field required.
- 5-7 years’ experience of hands-on experience in Automotive Quality field with a minimum of 3 years supervisory/managerial experience
- High volume, high tolerance automotive production/manufacturing experience
- Must have in depth understanding / knowledge of TS standards
- Must have in depth understanding / knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Core Quality Engineering Tools
- Extensive experience dealing with customers
- Proven success in mentoring and building engineering teams
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- automotive quality: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance