Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Manager of OSS/BSS Operations will provide end-to-end production support for Enterprise Applications. This team is tasked with supporting OSS/BSS, Middleware and Data Management Systems, including billing, provisioning, activation, authentication, transaction processing and location service applications.In this capacity, the team has responsibility for the critical systems our customer-facing employees depend upon in their daily work activities to provide the best possible experience to our customers.The leader of this team must work closely with peers within the Advanced Operations organization, as well as build excellent working relationships with senior leaders across the company. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building dynamic teams, is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and a fantastic leader of people. The leader of this organization will build a team of subject matter experts will need to have a strong mix of both technical knowledge of the systems and technologies that support OSS/BSS platforms, as well a strong focus on customer experience. This leader must also have demonstrated excellence in Incident Management and Problem Management.Core Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads a world-class team focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies
- Develops strong managers, able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partnering with Engineering and Deployment to determine root causes, and driving rigorous Problem Management to follow through on actions
- Fosters and encourages a culture of clear and precise communication, continuous improvement, and employee engagement
- Challenges existing methods and drives new paradigms
- Provides both strategic leadership for the organization, as well as hands-on tactical daily leadership
- Develops strong working partnerships built on responsiveness and mutual accountability, with leaders inside and outside of the organization
- Sets monthly/quarterly goals and objectives and ensures resources are efficiently aligned to organizational goals and objectives
- Strong experience with Intake, Problem Management and Service Availability Management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex emergent situations clearly and plainly
- 10+ years' experience with Billing Systems, OSS platforms, Middleware & Business integeration
- Knowledge on Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite), Mulesoft, VMware, Cloudfoundry, SOAP, ESB, OSB, Weblogic, Rest services (JSON), WSDL, XML, XSL/XSLT, VISIO, Excel, API, Microservices, WebLogic, Cloud, LaaS, PaaS.
- Understanding of Cloud application design principles.
- Working Knowledge of any Cloud computing platform (Steel Cloud ,Elastic Cloud, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, etc).
- High level knowledge of Distributed Enterprise Applications including Load balancing.
- Understanding, experience and ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to drive best practice innovation
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or eTOM frameworks
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer