Administrative Assistant/bookkeeper: Carterra, Inc. is a leading bio-technology company based in Salt Lake City. We are a fast-growing company with a need of an Administrative Assistant with strong Bookkeeping skills to be added to our accounting team.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant with some bookkeeping experience.
Ideally, you are someone who:
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is flexible, hard-working, and eager to learn new things.
- Is a self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Is detail-oriented and organized.
- Is dependable and able to prioritize tasks.
- Is easy to work with and team-oriented.
- Maintain the accounts payable process. Establish a rapport with vendors and ensure all monthly bills have been received and entered into to Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop.
- Collaborate with Executives by ensuring that expenses are routed to them to approve before we make payouts.
- Maintain vendor files and assist with year-end 1099s.
- Maintain the Expense reports process through Expensify and QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop. This entails ensuring receipts have been attached to all expenses in Expensify per our current policy.
- Support other monthly close tasks as needed.
- Provide general office administration assistance to the Salt Lake City office.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintains calendars for management
- Arranges meetings and conference bridges for management
- Arranges travel for management and department (employees, interview candidates)
- Completes expense reports for management
- Sorts through and delivers mail
- Special Projects and Events
- Organizes lunches for Executives and their Admins
- Keeps floor (or area) tidy and free of clutter
- Stock fridge and snacks for executive
- Reorder drinks and snacks when needed
- Calling maintenance for printers and other things our Facilities Team does not do
- Work with other assistants to schedule meetings and always be on the same page
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Bookkeeper or Accountant, with Quickbooks Desktop experience a must.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Expensify, Concur or similar systems
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flex PTO Vacation, Sick, Holiday Policy
- 401k Plan
- Stock Option Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)