Securitas Security Services is hiring off-duty Police Officers to work at their client site Santa Monica. Full time and Part time opportunities available!
As an Armed Guard, you will observe and report activities and incidents at an assigned Client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Additionally, primary responsibilities as an armed guard includes precluding unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets; responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response as dictated by the situation and protocol, making periodic tours to check for irregularities and inspecting protection devices and fire control equipment. Lastly, duties also include preserving order and acting to enforce regulations / directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response following established protocol for the site and as dictated by the situation, by the company, and through required training and licensing; maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons as required.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have valid CA Guard Card, Exposed Firearms Permit, and California Concealed Weapons Permit
- Must be current or retired sworn Peace Officer with minimum 7 years of experience
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, behavioral selection survey, and personality traits selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing and permitting requirements.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to respond effectively to situations, communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Law Enforcement: 10 years (Preferred)
- CA Exposed Firearms Permit (Required)
- California CCW (Required)
- Guard Card (Preferred)