Physical Therapy Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Contributes to a physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues.
- Administers treatment programs for patients.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, and obtaining updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Evaluates abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises and instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities.
- Helps patients in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal growth and development information, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends and monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Physiological knowledge
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Documentation skills within Eclinical Works preferred
- Associate degree for physical therapy assistant
- NYS license or certification
- Must pass a state-administered exam or the National Physical Therapy Exam administered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
work schedule part time for hours on Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Monday 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Job Type: Part-time