SAIC has an opening for a Sr. VoIP Engineer/CISCO SME located in Vienna, VA.
Will consider candidates located in Oak Ridge, TN and Metairie, LA.
- Seeking a senior network engineer with experience in managing a Cisco VoIP telephony system to include configuration, installation and on-going support.
- The scope of this position includes network design, equipment selection, implementation, and support for all components of the voice systems including the full suite of Cisco Unified Communications technologies.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelors and 8-10+ years experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- The ideal candidate for this position must possess extensive hands on technical skills designing and deploying Cisco VoIP solutions.
- Additionally, this candidate should have strong project management and leadership skills to ensure all installation, implementation, and configuration details are identified, captured, and planned for to guarantee a seamless and successful implementation.
- Ideally, the candidate should also have in-depth knowledge of Cisco switches and routers, including hardware and IOS software, configuration and troubleshooting.
Ideally, the candidate should have hands on experience with the following:
CUC – 10.5
IM&P – 10.5
Cubes & Gateways
T1s; PRIs & SIP Trunks
VTC & video endpoints
Upgrades of CUCM VOIP environment
Ability to obtain a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability