Field Service Technician
Gulf Coast Supply & Manufacturing – a leader in metal roofing manufacturing and distribution is seeking a Field Services Technician to cover the Southeast US, and Caribbean. This position will be responsible for providing field technical support to external customers and internal sales teams. The Field Service Technician will have significant interaction with roofing installers, general contractors, project managers, and homeowners. This position serves as a critical technical body of knowledge to represent the product and assist in troubleshooting jobsite issues.
Primary Job Functions
- Provide technical service support and guidance to roofing installers.
- Conduct warranty calls in the field to make observations and assessments.
- Complete weathertight warranty inspections to ensure proper installation.
- Administer training events onsite and in the classroom for installers and for internal teams.
- Assist warranty administrator as needed.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Complete and submit checklists and reports.
- High school diploma or GED, and
- 5+ years of experience in roofing trades, with 1+ year experience in metal roofing. 4-year Building Construction or similar degree may substitute.
- Foreman, superintendent, or crew lead experience preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude to understand and read engineering specifications and blueprints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in order to effectively understand problems and describe solutions as well as make presentations in a training environment.
- Ability to listen, interpret and, understand diagnose technical and mechanical issues
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete tasks.
- Strong work ethic, dependable.
- Able to work independently and show initiative.
- Ability to speak and instruct in group settings.
- Ability to complete and file timely reports.
Work Environment & Requirements
- 30-50% travel throughout the SE. US, by car and air.
- Ability to obtain a US passport and travel to Caribbean, on occasion.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to complete OSHA safety certification course
- Ability to pass a criminal background check/ motor vehicle background check
- This job will entail setting up and climbing ladders, walking on elevated and inclined surfaces, and wearing appropriate fall protection.
- This job will entail driving, sitting, standing, and walking.
This position is a full time, salaried position where a company vehicle is provided. GulfCoast Supply & Manufacturing offers major medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, paid time off, company observed paid holidays, and a 401K plan to its employees.
Gulf Coast is an EEOC/Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent