We want to make sure we have a good fit between us, this is a different type of system administration position.
We are a team of 15 energetic, fun, and happy customer fanatics at our Managed IT Services company. We enjoy a good laugh and hard work; our goal is to keep our work time at 40hrs per week, be as efficient as possible during that time. Learning is part of our DNA, flexibility enables us to keep nimble.
Please respond to the audio questionnaire. Why? it’s a vital step to learn about your communication skills, as they are required for this role. All candidates have; this is an opportunity to express yourself.
We are looking for a candidate with the right attitude, interest, and people skills. As part of a small agile company, at times, we wear many hats. You should be comfortable meeting with people in the C-suite in the morning talking about company projections, and be under a desk connecting a phone in the afternoon and replacing a firewall at the end of the day. If crawling under a desk or you are too intimidated talking to the CEO or COO, this job is not for you.
For some of you, this position may take you out of your comfort zone; we are okay with that as long as you are fine too. You may need to take some time reviewing group policies, or server logs. This position will challenge you to think out of the box. Your network admin skills will be useful to translate the client’s pain into a project by writing down the scope the team will execute with your guidance. Gaining knowledge of new solutions like PowerApps, will increase the possibilities for solutions. You don’t need to be one anything a solution, for that we have a vCIO, who will review the projects to the client’s CEO; your role to find out the pains/opportunities and create solutions, maybe make a new group policy, install new software or replacing an access point location.
Since our team provides helpdesk to all our clients, finding key issues on client’s facilities will help us reduce the number of tickets created.
Our clients are located all over the Chicagoland area, from Kenosha, to Valparaiso to Naperville; the main goal is that you spend most of the day on each client location, so your day to day is always going to be different and challenging, talking with new clients, investigating new opportunities, and planning for new projects every day.
The goal is for your work to be in a proactive versus reactive mode, most of the time. Every now and then, there will be a project requiring you to jump in and help replace a server or router after hours, that should be the exception and not the rule. Therefore, planning will mitigate such situations.
Of course, continual documentation of our client’s environment is critical so our remote support team can resolve tickets faster with the right documentation.
Other requirements: You must be able to lift 50lbs, you may need to replace a server or a small printer.
Required Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Windows10 install/support/troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office365 install/support/troubleshooting
- PC hardware knowledge (replace memory, repairing PCs, replace hard drives, etc.).
- Understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking and services
- DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP- Understand the Microsoft domain environment. (Working in active directory for user management)
- Be able to troubleshoot and remove viruses/malware from PCs.- Very proficient with Microsoft Outlook Email client (PSTs, connecting to exchange server, etc.)
- Understand configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad)
- Understand Managed switches, firewalls, ( not afraid of replacing a server or a firewall)
- Must have good documentation skills!
- Excellent customer service skills. You will have to communicate with the C-suite of our client’s companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Must be a quick learner, a good problem solver- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- must be able to multi-task and work multiple support sessions concurrently.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Travel to different clients every day around the Chicago area.
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this position and scope of work, please send us your salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- IT support: 3 years (Required)
- Northfield, IL 60093 (Required)