Leads group, private and semi-private swim lessons to all ages and ability levels. Creates a fun and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience. Builds strong relationships with participants and continually recommends classes based on skill levels.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Greets, acknowledges, engages and interacts with members at all times.
2. Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
3. Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants.
4. Responds to member questions regarding Gold’s Gyms programs, policies and procedures.
5. Quickly and efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns
6. Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area.
Sales & Promotion
1. Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services.
2. Continually increases their knowledge of Gold’s Gyms products, services, policies and procedures.
3. Promotes all Gold’s Gyms programs, products and services.
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Maintains order and safety in swimming areas.
2. Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times.
3. Attends department and "all club" meetings.
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- Swim lesson instruction or coaching experience (preferred)
- One year customer service (preferred)
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid (preferred)
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AED (preferred)
WSI (Water Safety Instructor) Certified
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to swim the major strokes of Front Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationship with members of all ages
- Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to tolerate loud noises
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
- Self-starter, reliable, responsible and dedicated
- Ability to make decisions quickly and easily