Investment Banking Analyst or Junior Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions
A boutique investment bank located in the Los Angeles area seeks an experienced Analyst or Junior Associate. This investment bank’s mission is to provide the highest quality M&A advisory and corporate finance services to small and medium-sized companies typically underserved by large investment banks. Typical transaction sizes are $15 – $200 million. The firm’s senior bankers have extensive experience from major Wall Street and boutique firms, including having run industry coverage groups.
The firm’s primary industry focus is Healthcare with particular emphasis within the following verticals: HC Services, Med-Tech, HCIT and Life Sciences. Beyond these segments, the firm’s other areas of expertise include:
- Business services/process outsourcing
Position Description & Duties:
The Analyst or Junior Associate will be responsible for supporting the senior deal team in new business efforts and various client mandates – including sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, valuations and private placement financings. The successful candidate(s) will be assigned a variety of projects and be given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities allow.
- Being an integral part of the deal execution team from pitch to closing
- Developing financial models and conducting sensitivity analyses
- Drafting transaction related marketing materials (e.g., sell-side information memoranda, financing memoranda, corporate profiles, management slide presentations, etc.)
- Collecting and organizing due diligence data
- Supporting client relationships and interacting with clients as well as potential buyers/investors
- Conducting in-depth company and industry research supporting marketing efforts and specific client engagements
- Identifying and researching potential strategic and financial buyers/investors
- Preparing new business pitch books
- Screening for potential new client targets
- Completed a Bachelor’s at a top-rated college or university
- MBA for Associates is preferred
- Investment banking experience or other related M&A/Corporate Finance experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior financial modeling, analysis and valuation skills
- Proficiency in GAAP accounting
- Strong research ability, including with online financial and M&A databases
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and specifically of Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients
- High level of motivation, resourcefulness and commitment
- Proactive mindset with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and support team initiatives
All resumes will be given careful consideration; however, we will only contact those individuals whose qualifications most closely match the position's requirements.
No phone calls. No headhunters.
Job Type: Full-time
- Investment Banking: 1 year (Preferred)