Sr HR Business Partner – HR
The Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, coaching, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. Reports to the Chief of Operations.
- Responsible for upkeep and recommendations of various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems.
- Responsible for upkeep and recommendations of the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program, files EEO-1 report annually, and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, conducts new-employee orientations, and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, investigations, outplacement counseling and exit interviews.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Provides EAP program resources and information for staff.
- Facilitates Fit for Duty evaluations as required.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and laws and regulations.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the operations department to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Other duties as assigned – note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Relationship Management
- Cultural Awareness
- Experience with an Anti-Bias Approach
- Ethical Practice
- Experience performing HR functions with non-profit organizations/labor unions
- Experience related to the construction industry
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree and 5 - 7 years of HR experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
- SHRM-SCP or PHR certification
- Experience with HCM (Human Capital Management) cloud-based system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Also required is the ability to lift up to 50lbs, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
We are serious about embracing diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, weight, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Travel: This position may require occasional travel by car or plane including overnight stays and out of state. Employee must meet TSA requirements to fly.
Office Location: 25120 Pacific Hwy S Kent, WA
Wages and Benefits: Exempt position, salary of $115,566 per year. Carpenters Trusts of W WA benefits including pension, health and welfare, and dental. Union (UBCJA) membership required upon hiring.
Hours: Full-time position 40 hours per week 7:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,566.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift