Base King, LLC is seeking candidates for a Central US Regional Sales Agent position. This position is responsible for sales growth in their Region through providing great customer relations and support to Flooring Contractors and Commercial Flooring Distributors. Base King, LLC is known in the commercial flooring industry for bringing innovative & economical products that offer high moisture solutions. You would be selling directly to the commercial flooring contractors, while also taking the time to educate the architects in your region. Architects control the specifications on projects. It's important to take our time to make sure they know and support our products. Your responsibility would be selling our products while meeting the customer’s needs. We are open to agents that carry other non-competing products in the commercial flooring market.
Location and District Geographic Description
The assigned location for this position includes the following States(adjustments may be made at the company’s discretion):
- Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana
The central location and ideal residency for the incumbent is in or around:
- Dallas, Texas or Shreveport, Louisiana
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts by visiting, emailing, or making some type of contact frequently to quote new jobs, obtain orders, & maintain relationships with the customers.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor you are meeting with.
- Submits quotes by referring to price lists
- Represents products as Base King intended the products to be sold by referring to the product literature and technical data sheets.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and product knowledge by attending weekly educational sales meetings; reviewing technical product sheets; establishing personal networks; participating in approved trade shows.
- One to two years of post-high school education, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years in the commercial flooring industry and/or sales experience
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Experience building strong business relationships
- Demonstrates high level of initiative and self motivation and a high level of independence required
- Goal oriented
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others including one-on-one discussions and speaking before groups of customers or coworkers
- Experience providing customer service in a variety of situations
- Experience preparing and making sales presentations
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems, make decisions and seek out appropriate assistance.
- Demonstrates ability to plan each day to maximize time accomplishing measurable results.
- Experience working as part of a team and assisting others
- Solid MS Office skills using Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; proficient with mobile technology applications
- Able and willing to travel extensively within assigned district
- Able and willing to travel and work outside of assigned district for multiple days at a time when needed
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Able to maintain a home office
- Demonstrates a commitment to follow Base King's values
- Industry-related knowledge & experience (however not required)
- At least 3 years sales experience
- Experience making outside sales "cold" calls
- Currently resides in the advertised geographical sales location
Please upload your current resume to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Commission
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)