SMSE Systems Engineer
Matlock is looking for an experienced individual to join our team as an SMSE Systems Engineer.
The Senior Systems Engineer will possess a bachelor’s or advanced degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate would have at least two entry/mid-level IT certifications such as A+, CCNA, network+, etc. with at least two years hands on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment. The candidate should have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices. Knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is a plus but not a requirement. The senior systems engineer shall:
- Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
- Collection of SMSe operations support weekly action reports.
- Compile database metrics weekly.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take action to address problems or issues.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of
STAC notification (during business hours); personal follow-up on any urgent action.
- Perform level 1 troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), pinging servers, user accounts, TAVVE reports, etc.
- Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on SMSe network outages.
- SMSe post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on SharePoint.
- Daily management of the SMSe Network Operations Center - take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the SMSe logbook.
- Ensure all SMSe tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
- Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure SMSe workstations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster.
Experience Level Required:
Secret or Top-Secret level clearance
Not required but highly favorable if with SCI access and COMSEC/crypto access require Final
Final Top-Secret personnel clearance
To be considered: We must have a resume showing at a minimum.
- Years of Experience;
- Education level;
- Security clearance level;
- Statement of work history (including dates, employer, and title), description of experience and indicate whether experience is full time or part time;
- Length of time employed by the Offeror;
- Matlock will require a Contingency Offer Letter signed by the individual for the program during the screening and selection prior to actual employment
- Resume shall identify a start and end date (month and year) that the individual worked on each experience block or job reference cited in the resume.
Apply online at the Company Website
Job Types: Full-time, Contract