High School Diploma
- JOB SUMMARY
- This position conducts professional patient interviews obtaining demographic, financial, and biographical information. The Patient Access Representative is responsible for obtaining information to appropriately bill payers, verify patient insurance eligibility, confirm benefits eligibility, collect point of service payments, determine medical necessity, and gather statistical information in compliance with federal and state regulations. This position performs registration duties throughout the facility; included but not limited to Patient Access 11th, Patient Access 14th, Fast Care, Emergency Department, etc. The Patient Access Representative is responsible for the delivery of quality performance and service excellence.
This position requires full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Blessing Hospital. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values while supporting the strategic plan, goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Process (PIP) at Blessing Hospital.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent with GED
- Computer literacy required, including the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer services skills, ability to independently problem-solve, and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Positive interpersonal relationship skills required.
- Some College preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
- One year of clerical and customer service experience preferred