Join the largest, privately held redistribution company in the United States!
If you are looking for a company that offers growth opportunities and one that values their employees, this is the perfect job for you!
RJ Schinner is a fast growing family owned company that has been in business for over 65 years. RJ Schinner has 16 branches throughout the US, over 400 employees, and provides products to distributors in 40 states!
The company offers competitive wages, health and dental benefits, and 401(k) with employer match. The company has historically offered cost of living increases and year end bonuses.
Operates diesel powered tractor to transport trailers of product on company property, on public highways, and on customer’s property. Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License. Job consists of 10% breakdown, overtime after 40 hours, Monday through Friday with an assigned tractor and static routes.
No overnight routes or weekends required.
Job Description and Duties
- Drive and operate heavy duty truck to and from destination
- Inspect truck before and after trips and complete daily vehicle inspection reports (DVIR’s) as required
- Drop and spot trailers in docks and company lot
- Assists customers in verifying quantities and products delivered versus ship tickets and notes any discrepancies
- Collects payment for goods delivered if required and in accordance with payment instructions on ship ticket
- Maintains driver logs according to federal, state, and local regulations
- Operates within applicable safety guidelines as defined by government regulations, the company’s safety manuals and/or stated safety policies
- Performs work in a manner so as to prevent damage to company equipment, facilities, and product
- Insures proper equipment cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Maintain CDL and clean driving record per DOT and company rules and regulations
- Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect and courtesy
- Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by the company
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or stated
- Assist in warehouse as needed
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals and objectives
Required Skills & Experience
- Considerable knowledge of heavy-equipment delivery operation
- Experience working with DOT rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations, including road hazards while operating equipment
- Previous experience operating truck/trailers over-the-road (long or short haul) with emphasis on multiple deliveries is preferable
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to perform basic math calculations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using a calculator
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with unexpected problems that may arise during the operation of heavy equipment
- Ability to pass all licensing and certification requirements by the DOT, including medical examination
- Ideal candidate must possess a valid Class A CDL
- Have a clean driving and inspection record
- At least 1 year commercial driving and 100,000 miles of previous driving
- Experience driving and backing up with 48ft - 53ft tractor trailers.
- Ability to pass both pre-employment and random drug tests as required by the DOT
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Clean federal pre-employment screening program (PSP) report
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription Plan, Life & AD&D Insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacations, and bi-weekly pay.
Location: 4001 Gantz Rd. Grove City, OH
Job Type: Full-time
- Driving 48ft-53ft tractor-trailer: 1 year (Required)
License or certification: