Restoration Engineer Positions
DESMAN, Inc. is looking for a Restoration Engineers to investigate, analyze, and design repair and maintenance solutions for parking structures, plazas, building envelopes, roofs, and other types of built structures. The engineer will need to have strong communication skills for working with clients and the design team. The engineer should have a background and interest in structures, investigations, and materials that are used to develop solutions which ultimately add value and longevity to the clients project.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities Include
· Experience or interest in performing condition assessments, investigations, field testing, construction observation,
· Experience or interest in developing technical experience for different types of structural systems such as: prestressed concrete, post-tensioned concrete, steel, masonry, or timber;
· Experience or interest in analysis of field data, structural analysis, computer modeling, developing repair alternatives, spreadsheet cost estimations;
· Strong communication and writing skills for technical reports, field reports, and other communications with clients and the design team.
· Experience or interest in restoration design in a team environment for project drawings and specifications; review project submittals and shop drawings as part of construction administration services;
· Experience or interest in project management and assistance with project coordination and meetings with the client and team members;
· Bachelor’s degree or better in civil or structural engineering. Work experience in evaluation and repair of existing structures is preferred;
· EIT status preferred, not required; employees are encouraged to seek professional licensure;
· Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal);
· Proficient knowledge and experience using Autocad, experience in Revit a plus;
· Proficient using MS Office suite;
· Ability to work in the office and in the field. This role may require occasional travel locally and outside the local area.
Benefits And Perks
In addition to competitive compensation, DESMAN offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401(K) plan, company-provided life insurance, disability income protection, tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, and more.
Job Type: Full-time