About the Role
As a Special Investigations Unit (SIU) Investigator, you will work efficiently and effectively through our most critical incidents to drive top results in customer service, accuracy and timely case resolution. Investigators will work closely with our top internal customers - Communications, Trust & Safety, Insurance and Legal - to coordinate and facilitate case resolution according to support logic for high severity incidents while balancing external customer service, communications, expectations and demands.
What You'll Do
- Managing a high volume caseload of urgent and critical incident types
- Providing thorough, detailed investigations using various support platforms (email, chat, phone) to develop case details, analyze evidence, and present recommendations for internal actions to key stakeholders
- Maintaining excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism while delivering best in class customer service
- Employing critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate high severity incident types
- Learn and master multiple knowledge base and contact management systems
- Contacting, interviewing and obtaining statements from insurers, witnesses and law enforcement to secure necessary information.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 1 year of urgent customer service support or relevant prior experience investigating urgent and high-priority issues including accidents and insurance loss as well as person-on-person allegations
- Experience interviewing both parties to an incident either in-person or over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others on an external and internal basis
- Commitment to excellence in behavior, performance and work product
- Organized and self-driven with an excellent ability to handle a large case load
- Ability to adjust and adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
- Solid computer and time management skills
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and outside a standard 8 to 5 shift (6am - 5pm or 10am - 9pm: 4 10 hour days)
Bonus points if
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Business, or Communications strongly preferred
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Claims Liability, HR Investigations, and/or criminal investigations
- Prior experience with Crisis Management or Sensitivity Training
- Certifications from Wicklander-Zulawski, Reid and Associates, or similar Investigative consulting firm
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver support around the globe during our most critical incidents and accidents. Our Special Investigations Unit (SIU) Investigators are there for our customers when they need us most. Accidents and incidents can be traumatic and challenging experiences. It takes a true professional to understand the complexity of the situation, work empathetically with the customers, and drive our investigations to timely and appropriate resolution.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- Accident/Insurance Loss Investigations: 1 year (Required)
- Urgent Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)