X-Ray Technician Responsibilities :
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Develop and process radiological film.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by physicians. Maintain a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identify and file reports as required.
- Maintain examination rooms. Stock necessary office and radiological supplies.
- Request, retrieve and track films to and from other departments or centers.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Taking vital signs
- Monitoring patients for providers
- Administration of medications and treatment as ordered by the provider
- Coordination of lab testing and results
- Pre-employment and DOT physical support which may include, but is not limited to, vision and hearing screenings, immunization/vaccination reviews and administration, and color blind testing, routine screenings such as mantoux testing, respiratory fit testing and more.
- Perform phlebotomy for laboratory tests
- Performing lab tests and entering results into EMR
- Drug screen collections,
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments.
Additional Skills Required:
- Effective oral and written communication skills with patients and families; Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner
- Positive, caring and kind attitude toward patients, families, and co-workers
- Requires a high level of analytic ability to identify and evaluate problems and recommend solutions
- Requires a high level of accuracy; is capable of precise detail work in an organized manner
- Possess the ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet customer needs and exceed their expectations
- Able to relate to and work with patients and families of all ages and backgrounds
- Able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with co-workers, patients, family members, visitors and the general public while maintaining a positive, empathetic attitude at all times
- Able to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Able to deal with fast paced, high stress and high demand work environment
- May work varying shifts and with varying providers
Must have at least 1 year of experience as a RT/ NCT / LMRT
Current license in good standing- Required
Willing to be on call one week a month- Required
Willing to travel and stay overnight on certain onsite projects 10% of the time-Required
Computer competency – Required
Clinical documentation experience – Required
Bilingual - REQUIRED
Job Type: Full-time