Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Delegated Diligence Reviewer II assists the Delegated Correspondent department in reviewing loan files in a manner that employs adherence to agency and investor guidelines in order to mitigate Home Point Financial Corporation’s risk. This individual has a responsibility to analyze loan files to determine adherence to investor or provider guidelines in an effort to determine eligibility for sale or insurance to ensure that any purchased loan is sellable, insurable and eligible to the appropriate agency. The Delegated Diligence Reviewer II may review all loans defined as either a level I or level II review type as they are considered a senior diligence reviewer.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Adhere to and have a working knowledge of all published investor and provider guidelines.
- Examine loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Provide detailed findings of risks or the lack thereof.
- Analyze the risk of a loan transaction and provide detailed findings of risks or the lack thereof.
- Review all aspects of the required diligence checkpoints including but not limited to automated underwriting findings, LTV, credit report, applications, income and asset documents, as well as appraisal to ensure each loan meets investor or provider standards for sale into the secondary market. Provide detailed findings of risk or lack thereof.
- Evaluate income documentation to determine acceptable risk of an applicant based on analysis of W2’s, pay stubs as well as personal and business tax returns. Provide detailed findings of risk or lack thereof.
- Determine overall level of eligibility for a loan. Provide detailed findings of risks or the lack thereof.
- Ensure that the validation of AUS information is accurate and report on any differences.
- Inform the originating Correspondent of any findings through detailing the deficiencies in the review with specific, detailed conditions loaded in the operating system as prior to purchase conditions.
- Manage and resolve an existing pipeline of loans where diligence was completed/provided.
- Review and make decisions on the acceptability of conditions submitted on loan files where conditions are required and submitted for review.
- Advance loans to Pre-Purchase review as all conditions are cleared and the loan is documented accordingly.
- Maintain acceptable data integrity with the operating system as required.
- Maintain excellent customer service skills, striving to enhance the customer service experience with all internal and external customers.
- Provide timely responses to all voicemail and email communication.
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned.
- High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Encompass knowledge a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA program guidelines preferred.
- Minimum Two (2) years of Auditing mortgage loan files, quality control and/or underwriting experience required.
- Working knowledge of correspondent operations and/or mortgage operations preferred.
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.