Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is seeking a mid-level Geoscientist experienced in performing Environmental Assessments and other investigative activities for our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. Experience in the oil and gas environmental industry is a must. The work will primarily be located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. The candidate will be working with other scientists, engineers and surveyors performing a variety of office and field tasks. The candidate should have a fundamental understanding and working knowledge of environmental rules and regulations in the above listed states.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Field Activities including sampling various environmental matrices and wastes, monitoring well installations, and Phase I ESAs.
- Report writing, permit applications, regulatory reporting, database management.
- Develop work plans, reports and proposals for various types of investigations and environmental site assessments and remediation projects.
- Infiltration testing to support mid-stream permitting and construction projects.
- Auditing of waste handling facilities and documentation of findings,
- Sample collection using various sampling methods including hand auger, bailers, pumps and low flow sampling techniques,
- Maintain and calibrate field equipment and instruments,
- Perform Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) surveys,
- Accurate documentation of field conditions, field measurements, sample custody, comply with client safety requirements including donning client specified personal protective equipment and routine drug screening.
All tasks are to support regulatory compliance for the development of client assets.
A BS degree in Engineering, Geoscience, or Environmental Science with five to eight years of experience is required. 40-hour OSHA – HAZWOPER training is preferred. Must have demonstrated ability in field data collection and analysis, technical writing. Experience in environmental consulting or related experience preferred. Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations preferred. Previous experience with project management, marketing, proposal preparation and client and regulatory interaction is helpful. Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills are a must.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Primary Location United States-PA-US-Pittsburgh
Organization 212 OGA
Job Posting Jul 2, 2018, 1:14:03 PM
Job Closing Date Ongoing