JOB DESCRIPTION: CLASSROOM TEACHER
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As the classroom teacher, you will be leading the classroom, creating a safe and rich learning environment for young children. We are looking for someone who is a team player and can help keep the classroom organized and efficient.
KEY JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Being present in the classroom, so that proper ratios are maintained
- Helping to change diapers or assisting children in toileting
- Engaging with students to enhance their understanding of their environment
- Creating contexts within the classroom where students can explore and learn
- Setting up and cleaning up the classroom daily
- Supporting the students, colleagues, the director, and the assistant director
- Successfully complete 45 hours of Florida Department of Children and Families training courses
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- You have experience as a teacher in an early childhood educational setting.
- You have knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach to learning and experience working in a Reggio Emilia style school. Specifically, you understand project based learning, extended units of learning, emergent curriculum, the value of play based learning, and the reflective cycle.
- You have knowledge of the Creative Curriculum, or willingness to learn, and understand how to support the integration of its standards into the the classroom and connect those standards with the children’s learning and with your. planning..
- You know how to engage with children using positive behavior support as a foundational tool.
- You can prioritize - quickly, smartly, and based on the needs of those you support. You have an innate ability to gauge and assess a situation quickly and with focus, and adjust yours and others priorities accordingly.
- You’re flexible and able to think on your feet — even when things need to be repeatedly shifted.
- You’re trustworthy and pride yourself on your ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- You’re positive and can remain calm during high tension scenarios. You enjoy the challenge of working in an ever-changing environment.
- You have a great work ethic and you do what it takes to get the job done, especially when it means going above and beyond. You describe yourself as self-driven and resourceful.
- You’re proactive and self directed and can often figure out what needs to be done and how to do it before anyone asks.
- You’re a great communicator and can engage professionally, either verbally or in writing, with people across and throughout the organization and externally.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
The Palma Ceia Presbyterian Preschool supports the learning, social, relational and spiritual needs of children in a part-day, Christian, fully inclusive, early childhood program. Typically developing children, their developmentally challenged peers, and families are supported with individualized assessment and learning through play. Employing the highest standards of quality and best practices in early childhood education, Palma Ceia seeks to model a compassionate, joyful and playful learning community for all enrolled children.
THIS IS A PART-TIME JOB BASED IN TAMPA, FLORIDA || SALARY: $16-$20 HOURLY, BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE || 27 HOURS WEEKLY
FOR FULL APPLICATION VISIT: WWW.PCPCPRESCHOOL.ORG
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Early Childhood Education: 2 years
- Teaching: 2 years
- DCF Training
- Child Development Associate