The Patient Experience Specialist responds to patient and family concerns and grievances to expedite the best outcomes for patients and families in accordance with CMS and JCAHO guidelines. Collaborates between UPH System supported services and local community partners.
The Patient Experience Specialist provides direction for planning, developing, organizing, and supporting the implementation of programs and process designed to build patient and customer relationships and to improve performance to ensure the achievement of organizational goals and objectives specific to the assigned service area of UnityPoint Health- Meriter region. The role supports operations for service and engagement trainings, interpretations of data and research, patient satisfaction improvement initiates, promotions, and communications, reward and recognition, and works collaboratively with executives, managers, physician leaders and all staff to assure effective implementing of tactics and strategies around patient /member experience and engagement.
Is fluent in using on-line improvement tools and administrator of system Patient surveys. Provides leadership, coordinate guidance and mentoring to others involved in patient experience and loyalty work. Presents to Senior Leaders and committees as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care or related field or equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Healthcare experience working with patient and families.
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft Office
- Ability to present/coach/teach effectively; excellent verbal and written communication
- Project management experience
- Ability to act independently while maintaining an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to analyze current processes and patient/family interactions, identify problems or opportunities and make recommendations
- Superior interpersonal skills, including an ability to build relationships
- Navigate EPIC for clinical information
- Master’s degree
- Experience leading a process improvement initiative or participation as a core team member
- CXPX certification to be obtained within one year of hire.