EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Job:
Responsible for defining and coordinating the delivery of digital products including screening and origination tools, optimization algorithms, and analytics tools, to drive and accelerate the business. This includes custom developed solutions as well as COTS products and the integration of those tools and associated data streams across the enterprise. Ultimately, this is both a strategic and execution role that is responsible for the return on investment and value stream of digital tools for Grid Scale Development. This position will ensure and continue to drive alignment with other corporate digital efforts, as well as to have a long-term road map for product conversion after maturity.
- Needs Assessment, Requirements Writing, and Technical Discovery
o Understand EDF Renewables Grid Scale Development business activities, its long-term strategy and its immediate challenges.
o Work with business stakeholders and understand needs to provide added value services and products.
o Develop a dashboard to assess priorities, status, and future progress of digitalization of the business . Ensure that the group is working on the right things to provide the most value.
o Partner with the technical teams in order to set up successful technical discovery and set appropriate teaming, planning and prioritization for delivery
o Coordination of Product Owners in the digital portfolio
o Facilitate business definition of products & requirements through new product ideation & intake
o Prepare and present the business case for product integration to the executive team for go/no go decisions.
o Support product owners in forming adapted teams with adequate stakeholders (SMEs, Skillset,…)
- Build Solutions and Continual Delivery
o Collaborate with the program level to ensure coordination of valuation dependencies with development and project delivery issues (transmission capacity, basis risk, price forecasting, resource availability, costing, constructability, and implementation process)
o Share the vision of the products with the product team, all stakeholders and be accountable for its success within the organization.
o Work with the product and solutions management team to successful launch products into a Product Team with an almost militant focus on agile style continuous delivery.
o Influence, coach, and support strategic and technical decisions within the product portfolio, in collaboration with the stakeholders: IT, the Grid Scale Development business and strategic growth. Work with and within the Product Teams for Proof-of-Concept deployments
o Collaborate with the IT stakeholders to support planning, prioritization and delivery
o Collaborate with other digital transformation agents across business lines.
o Support product owners in maintaining adapted teams with adequate stakeholder engagement.
o Support Product Owners in order to provide best the features definition and prioritizations, based on business & stakeholder requirements while continuously seeking to maximize business value for users.
o Collect feedback from users and evaluate the stability of the product when in production.
o Support product owners in maintaining adapted teams with adequate stakeholder engagement
o Ability to engage with executive management in influencing decisions as well as ability to lead and engage with product teams
o Ensure knowledge and good practices are properly shared with other entities of EDF
o Contribute to the global program on digital services within the renewable energy space.
o Support Executive team in formalizing the digital strategy of the Company.
Supervision of Others:
- Role may include supervision and management of product delivery or software development teams.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering and a minimum of 10 years experience working within the technical field of energy working within technology, software and digital product delivery.
- Strong interest in Renewable Energy and the environment.
- Deep understanding of agile development methods and its application.
- Requires creative and innovative approaches and near constant learning to strive for continual efficiency gains.
- Must be pragmatic, empathetic, have strong communications skills, can take a stand, make and receive feedback, deliver solutions, be result oriented, able to make decisions, hold others accountable and be accountable themselves.
- Must be able to interface with stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, from entry level to C-suite, and drive solutions and accountability from within, IT, and other global groups.
- Requires expertise in O365 Platform
- Requires extensive knowledge of software and tools in the digital space. For example, know the difference and the why behind selecting JIRA or DevOps and Slack vs. Teams.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflict Highly skilled at multi-tasking, prioritization and implementation in complex environments.
- The ability to direct a team to work on the “right” things.
- Ability to work in a standard office environment.
- 100% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Up to 30% travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.