POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: A certified nursing assistant, or CNA, helps patients or clients with healthcare needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)., Needs a strong work ethic and ability.
- Follows the plan of care to provide, safe, competent care to the patient
- Helps the patient to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, markets when instructed to do so by the nurse.
- Assists the patient with ambulation as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse.
- Attempts to promote patient's mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household and establishes a relationship with patient and family which transmit trust and confidentiality.
- Reports any change in the patient's mental or physical condition or in the home situation to the staff nurse, or to the Aide supervisor.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient, as instructed by the professional nurse.
- Prepares a visit report promptly and incorporates same in the clinical record daily
- Works with personnel of other community agencies involved in the patient's care as directed by the nurse.
- Attends in-service as required by regulation.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Must be available for emergencies and assist with emergency preparedness
- Responsible for responding to safety issues and personnel injuries
- Adheres to Federal, state and accreditation requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Upper Management
Responsibilities and Duties
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds
- The ability to drive and the ability to access patients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible are required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Regular, reliable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferably a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 hours of training which includes an introduction to personal care services
- If a Nursing certified by the state, the individual will meet the qualifications for a home health aide as his or her hours of training will exceed the minimum required. A copy of the current license will be provided.
- Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to patient, self and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate this.
- Must comprehend the basics of personal care, housekeeping and meal preparation
- Valid CPR certification
- Must have a working knowledge of home health care and the principles and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation that pertains to it.
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others, with excellent communication skills and good work ethic
- Must have criminal background check (Level 2)
Please go onto our website to apply online at https://www.regalhomeservices.com/ click on careers to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.50 /hour