Snag is looking for a dynamic leader to build out a world class Segment Marketing group that will lead our efforts to accelerate growth in Consumer and SMB while helping Enterprise customers become more successful on the Snag platform.
This role is ideal for a leader with strong strategic acumen, a passion for Consumer and SMB marketing, who is intellectually curious and willing to challenge convention, yet can roll up their sleeves and drive execution while inspiring those around them.
While this role will manage a dedicated team of marketers, the Head of Segment Marketing must be able to build strong relationships with other functions such as Performance Marketing, Product Marketing, Brand, and Sales, to achieve results. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role is a key leader and core member of the marketing and company leadership teams.
This role may be based in either our Arlington or Richmond, VA office.
What We'll Expect:
- Drive annual and quarterly planning for Worker and Employer marketing efforts
- Identify and prioritize key opportunities and use to develop Worker and Employer customer acquisition, growth, and retention strategies
- Define segment go-to-market plans; e.g., target audience, messaging, channels, spend, testing plan, and key performance indicators
- Serve as marketing 'champion', working with Product Marketing and Product to shape the offering roadmap and enhance Snag's value proposition
Leadership and Team Management:
- Work with dedicated team and cross-functional peers in Brand, Performance Marketing, and Product Marketing to implement marketing campaigns and deliver results
- Evaluate performance of marketing efforts and identify optimization and testing opportunities
- Partner with sales leadership to ensure marketing and sales Employer-focused efforts are coordinated and drive maximum impact
- Monitor marketplace health and ensure balance across both sides of the marketplace
- Actively manage $4M marketing budget and identify opportunities to expand investment based on ROI
What You'll Bring:
- Build out segment marketing team with emphasis on Worker and SMB Employer segments
- Develop and mentor team of 5-6 segment marketers
- Help team with day to day problem solving and removing roadblocks
- Serve as a core member of the Marketing leadership team and Snag senior leadership team
What You Can Expect from Snag:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution and 8+ years of relevant experience required
- Successful track record building and leading great teams required
- Strong digital/e-commerce experience
- Experience working at a marketplace company (e.g., eBay, Uber) or strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, BCG) ideal
- Strong analytical abilities; fact-based problem solver
- Intellectually curious with a desire to look for new ways of doing things
- High level of energy and enthusiasm; desire and drive to go beyond the status quo
- Can-do attitude with willingness to roll up your sleeves when needed
- Strong drive to achieve results
- Proficiency in Google suite and Microsoft Office
Snag offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 20 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. At Snag, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our products, and our community. Snag is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Snag is the largest marketplace for hourly work with 90 million registered hourly workers and 450,000 employer locations nationwide. With Snag, employers staff up faster, hire smarter and keep shifts filled. Snag's marketplace for hiring and managing teams allows people to land the right work while ensuring employers find the right workers when and where they need them. Snag's flexible work platform, Snag Work, launched in 2017 and provides a network of workers the opportunity to select the shifts they want, when they want, from a variety of employers and locations, and helps employers optimize their shifts.
With offices in Arlington, VA; Richmond, VA; and Charleston, SC, Snag has been named to Fortune Magazine's Great Place to Work® list for eight years in a row.