Align, assemble, install, erect, dismantle, repair, reassemble or move machinery and equipment at customer facilities/job sites; both locally and regionally; as specified by work orders, diagrams, drawings, blueprints, or oral or written instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Set up and operate equipment and tools such as ladders, saws, drills, grinders, and other power tools.
- Use tape measure, rule, square, levels, wrenches, hammers, and other hand held tools.
- Assemble, dismantle, move, align, repair, and install machines and equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and material handling equipment using appropriate tools.
- Assemble machines and equipment; and bolt, weld, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures.
- Set up and operate oxy-fuel torches, plasma torches, and a variety of welding equipment utilizing various cutting and welding methods.
- Weld metal components together as specified by work orders, blueprints, layouts, welding procedures, or minimal oral or written instruction.
- Weld flat, cylindrical, or irregular parts that may be clamped tack-welded, or otherwise positioned.
- Move small and medium size parts by hand while large parts can be moved by utilizing a variety of rigging, lifting, and material handling equipment such as chain falls, fork lifts, and overhead hoists and cranes.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our business.
- 3 years (Preferred) of related work experience
- Must be available when scheduled for work and report to work on time
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Must be willing to work in various conditions (wet/dry, clean/dirty, hot/cold, inside/outside)
- Ability to perform work at above ground elevations while wearing a safety harness and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions
- Follow direction of Manager, Superintendent, or other leaders and clarify responsibilities/directions if necessary
- Must be able to use time effectively and productively
- Must safely perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical and well-articulated work
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, physical exam, and Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable)
- Valid driver’s license required
- Travel is required
Current Project Locations
Illinois and Indiana
Pay & Benefits
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Lifting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Millwright: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused