Manufacturing Engineering Intern – Industrial Engineering
Schneider Electric’s Global Supply Chain team has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Engineering Intern in our Smyrna, TN location. The qualified candidate will be working under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager to assist in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing improvement projects that support our Schneider Production System (SPS).
- Conduct time studies along with value add/non-value add analysis
- Work with team members to improve manufacturing systems and processes.
- Data Analysis and entry to support SAP readiness project in the Materials Warehouse
- Other related projects and tasks as assigned.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Attention to accuracy and detail are essential
- Great communication skills are also essential, as this position requires working with all functions throughout the plant.
- Computer skills must include Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access - other software or design experience will be helpful.
- Work Schedule/Requirements: Full time hours during summer. First shift primarily.
Currently enrolled in a 4 year university
Preferred majors are Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
Local candidates preferred
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled