The Roski School of Art and Design is seeking a Payroll/HR Coordinator to join its team! The Coordinator will perform a variety of duties, including:
- Prepare, review and process a variety of payroll and HR-related documents and reports relative to faculty, staff, and students (e.g. employee time sheets, faculty contracts, new-hire offer letters, and other on-boarding documentation).
- Coordinate bi-weekly payroll submission following the University payroll schedule.
- Ensure staff and faculty are paid accurately through a timely reconciliation process.
- Respond to questions from faculty and staff regarding payroll or HR-related matters.
- Serves as a school contact in the research and resolution of payroll and HR-related issues while interfacing with the University central payroll and HR teams.
- Coordinate recruitment activities for the school.
- Prepare ad-hoc payroll and HR reports.
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience in payroll and HR related function.
- Experience working in higher education including faculty contracts.
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS System.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented self-motivated, strong work ethic with the ability to meet deadlines and interact with all levels of management.
Why Work at the Roski School of Art and Design?
The USC Roski School of Art and Design offers an arts education that is as individual as the student. The varied programs – from design, painting and sculpture, to performance art and social practice – are all taught by the school’s renowned faculty of artists, designer, curators, scholars, and arts professionals, who provide students with creative, interpretive, and critical skills essential to the practices of art and design today. Join us!
High school or equivalent
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Ability to establish and maintain accurate payroll and personnel records.