Part-time Psychology Instructor:
- Preferred Qualifications: Master’s in psychology OR Bachelor’s in psychology AND Master’s in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work OR the equivalent. Teaching experience in Psychology at community college level or private post-secondary institution is preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and student, and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities to meet criteria of regulatory authorities related to particular instructional programs such as Statewide Board of Nursing, federal and state Vocation and Education Act programs.
- Flexible Teaching Schedules: Day, night or weekend
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide copies of all transcript(s) verifying all educational degree(s) and/or coursework required for the position. All qualifying educational degrees/training must be from regionally accredited colleges and/or universities.
- Physical Demands: Requires ambulatory ability to move to various office and classroom-type locations and to stand, bend, stoop, and reach to setup equipment and provide instruction. Requires sufficient hand eye coordination and dexterity to write on a board or type on a computer. Requires sufficient visual acuity to read documents and make presentations. Requires sufficient auditory ability to project voice to a group, hear questions and prompts, and carry on routine conversations. Requires the ability to lift, push, and pull objects of medium weight (less than 30 lbs.) on an occasional basis.
- Salary/Fringe Benefits: Competitive and DOE.
- Conditions of Employment: Assignments are contingent upon sufficient enrollment. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend classes.
- Individual who is offered employment shall be required to obtain fingerprints for a criminal history clearance through the State Department of Justice and remit the required fee for processing the fingerprints, produce an original social security card, and submit negative TB test results (must be within the past four years or within the last 60 days if not previously employed in a school district in California) before employment. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per Government Codes 3100-3109.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction in all areas of the approved discipline.
- Prepare, evaluate, and revise courses and course materials.
- Maintain organized sets of course and student records.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of the college.
- Utilize approved textbooks and following the course objectives, course content, and evaluation standards as listed in the course outline.
- Maintain the scheduled days and class hours as listed in the class schedule.
- Maintain accurate grade and census records for each student on theclass record sheets provided and submit them to the record office, as an official record, by the deadline established for these records by the Registrar.
- Give final exams in each class according to the official schedule of days, times, and locations unless permission has been received from the Director of Nursing and Student Services.
- Notify the Director of Nursing promptly whenever regularly assigned duties cannot be performed.
- Attend part-time faculty meetings, when requested to do so. (Part-Time faculty are welcome to all regular faculty meetings, check contract for compensation requirements.)
- Return all keys at the end of each semester to Administrative Services
- Keep current in one's academic field(s).
- Work collegially with full-time faculty and staff.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Speak so others will be able to clearly understand normal in person conversation.
- See for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies, and other printer matter.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Application Procedure: Please submit cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three (3) professional references, and any license(s) you may have.
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)