Lead all financial administration and fiscal management aspects of the project. The Accountant will ensure that all team members, including project manager, superintendent, and engineer are following Turner Financial Policy and Procedures, and will communicate any potential profitability or risk to management.
- Set-up, coordinate, and evaluate the financial administration, general conditions
budgeting, and certain tax reporting for the project.
- Responsible for project assets with respect to insurance and tax requirements,
including managing the process.
- Evaluate and manage project cash position with respect to net assets, liabilities, and
unfunded work in place.
- Communicate cash position risk issues, including those with respect to unapproved
and unfunded change order work in place.
- Implement, and maintain internal control safeguards for the project.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special
analyses, and information reports for the project.
- Set up, lead, oversee and implement procedures to insure contractual requirements
with respect to all financial aspects are followed by all project participants including
preconstruction billings, non reimbursable projections and analysis’s, proper fee
billings, and financial contingency reporting.
- Investigate and resolve financial issues on behalf of Turner. Coordinate and
communicate with owners/architects/vendors in connection with resolving financial
disputes and with respect to accounts payable, and accounts receivable issues.
- Ensure project ledger is maintained in accordance with standards of GAAP.
- Analyze and maintain project accounting records.
- Oversee and coordinate monthly billing process to owner.
- Manage approval process and compliance of subcontractor billings.
- Advise on various accounts analysis and reconciliation.
- Manage project closeout process with integrated project management team and make
decisions relating to changes and back-charges in the close-out.
- Manage the A/P and A/R functions.
- Set up processes to manage employee expense reports, petty cash accounts, and
miscellaneous general expense.
BS in Accounting or related field plus a minimum of two years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Exercises independent judgment and discretion. Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution. Operates with minimal direction and little or no supervision. Ability to perform cost analysis and be organized for maximum efficiency. Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor