Hyland Design Group is an established and growing multi-disciplinary design firm with branch offices in Ocean City, NJ and Ocean View, NJ. HDG, the engineering and land surveying division of Hyland Design Group, is seeking an experienced self-motivated engineer with structural design experience in residential, commercial, and mixed use buildings.
Jobs will include a diverse range and scale of projects including structural evaluations of existing facilities, structural design for both renovations and new structures, and forensic investigations. The position is an excellent opportunity for professional development and growth into leadership roles for self-motivated candidates with excellent communication skills.
Our workplace culture emphasizes personalized service to our clientele in a comfortable but professional and collaborative environment. The successful candidate must be able to work with minimal oversight from the firm’s principals.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Field investigations and structural assessments of existing buildings and structures
- Perform and prepare structural calculations
- Analysis, Design and Documentation of building structures
- Prepare complete construction drawings with plans, sections and details
- Performing construction administration services (Shop Drawings, RFIs, and field visits)
- Management of projects from start to finish.
- Prepare engineering reports
- Mentor and develop junior engineering staff*
Qualifications and Skills
- The successful candidate must have:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years of previous experience in building structural design and documentation.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in building structural engineering.
- PE Licensure, or EIT Certification and plans for PE licensure.
- Strong Proficiency in AutoCAD is required; proficiency in Revit is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of building codes: IBC 2015, IRC 2015.
- Strong working knowledge of AISC 360, ACI 318 and NDS.
- Technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can execute assignments independently, under the supervision of a senior engineer or Principal.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability and desire to work in a group environment for larger projects.
- The ability and desire to oversee and mentor junior, and entry-level staff.
Compensation and Benefits
- Initial salary compensation for a fully qualified candidate will be $75,000 to $90,000 commensurate with experience. We additionally offer health, dental, LTD insurances and a 401k Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: