*** This is a TEMPORARY position ***
Purpose of Position:
Manage and complete case implementation (pre- and post- underwriting) within same-day turnaround time. Maintain reports for Underwriters and Directors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Responsible for accurate and detailed data entry of information for group cases, including all employee and plan information
- Receive, log and distribute checks to Underwriters with care and urgency. Overnight physical checks to carrier partners, verifying address for accuracy once the underwriting process has been completed
- Filing of cases in-house until they have been prepared for off-site storage and ordering of departmental supplies
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned.
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, and Word as well as basic computer navigation
- Excellent customer service, including verbal communication skills
- Excellent grammar and spelling, detail-oriented, strong organization and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Team oriented
- Must be able to work and achieve goals with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment
- Prior insurance industry experience preferred
- High School graduate
- College preferred
- Normal speech, hearing, and vision
- Must be able to stand for 2 hours, have normal mobility, and be able to sit for an extended periods of time and occasional standing and walking
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to life up to 10 pounds occasionally