We are looking for a relationship oriented real estate professional with a roll up the sleeves, just get it done attitude. The ideal candidate will have experience originating real estate development transactions in a fast-paced environment. They will have a passion for real estate, meeting new people and being part of a highly motivated team.
The Real Estate Manager will oversee all aspects of ground up retail real estate development activities, including originating new ground up development transactions through site selection, land negotiation, entitlements, land purchase, construction and delivery. The ability to excel at developing new relationships and active team collaboration will be key factors in achieving success in this exciting opportunity.
- At least 5 years of commercial retail development experience
- Track record of developing ground up retail properties for regional and national tenants
- Working knowledge of real estate finance and the development process, including project management concepts and value engineering strategies
- Experience creating and modifying financial analyses and property-level budgets
- Ability to source and actively manage project development teams, including brokers, lawyers, architects, general contractors, engineers and a variety of other internal and external consultants
- Background in entitlements and public approvals preferred
- Broad knowledge of multiple U.S. markets and industry contact network preferred
- Operates with a mindset of delivering consistent and exceptional customer service to all internal and external clients
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with groups internally and externally, including senior executives
- Demonstrated resourcefulness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated, innovative team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Microsoft CRM preferred
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Direct all functions relating to a project’s development, including site selection, budgeting, tenant correspondence, land acquisition, entitlements, design, construction, marketing and transition to operations
- Identify and underwrite prospective development opportunities
- Understand and navigate the land use and entitlement processes.
- Perform market and sub-market analyses
- Prepare new development underwritings and deal packages; produce maps outlining demographics, transportation studies, competitor landscape as needed
- Contribute to the creation of letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties, including joint venture partners, land brokers, investment sale brokers, tenants and loan servicers
- Participate in the engagement of 3rd party consultants, including environmental, operational or engineering consultants; maintain tracking for, and assist in the review of 3rd party consultant reports
- Review legal and transaction documents such as leases and lease modifications, easement agreements, management and leasing agreements, surveys and title policies for pertinent data
- Maintain accurate tracking of all individual deal origination and transaction activities, including investment opportunities, comparable transaction data and relationship activities
- Complete special projects as requested
Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Construction, Civil Engineering or a related discipline preferred
Our Service Philosophy
We create relationships that instill trust and exceed expectations through customer service, quality, and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Real Estate Title Abstracting: 3 years (Preferred)