Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Large real estate and technology firm seeking a senior level systems administrator to maintain cutting-edge platform infrastructure in Boston, MA.
Candidate will be responsible for maintaining and deploying the latest technologies across several high-producing real estate offices. Much of this work will be performed remotely from headquarters, but an occasional on-site visit to additional locations within Boston may be required for deployments. Parking is provided at all offices.
To be successful in this role candidate must be proactive, have strong written communication and intuitive troubleshooting skills.
* Advanced experience of Network Administration (firewall/router/vpn administration)
* Extensive knowledge of Linux Administration (LAMP)
* Windows Administration (AD, File/Print, Desktop, AD Group Policy)
* Physical hardware maintenance (Dell servers and desktops)
* Disaster recovery planning and implementation
* VOIP telephony systems
* SAN environment
* VMWare ESXi
* MySQL, Postgres knowledge is a plus
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Management of support staff, training, directing priorities and project lists
* Maintaining and improving infrastructure with the newest hardware and software as
* Managing and prioritizing projects between management and outside consultants
* Respond to critical infrastructure issues, and escalate issues outside of your skill set to outside
*Using a ticketing system to keep track of ongoing projects and issues
* Manage system upgrades in conjunction with vendors and communicate to users any system
* Install and configure physical and virtual servers
* Monitor systems usage/efficiency and recommend changes to management as needed.
* Administer Veeam Backup/Recovery
* VOIP telephony systems (using FreePBX and configuring/deploying phones)
* 3+ years of experience in the above categories
* A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited educational institution is preferred (Computer Science / MIS/ Management preferred)
* Ability to learn quickly, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work independently or within a team
* Ability to work on nights and weekends if emergency arises
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Advanced understanding of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems (i.e. 2012, 2016 Windows 7/8/10 etc.)
* Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Hands-on windows server administration and infrastructure experience
Job Type: Full-time