SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (we make robots that answer phone calls and chats with AI) services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current IVR technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution in an otherwise well-defined market space. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
What you'll do:
Forecasting and Annual Operating Plan (40%)
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monthly Variance reporting (actuals/budget/prior period)
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Assisting the VP of Finance to compile monthly financial reporting package for board members
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting and Operating Plan
- Partner with product/technology and marketing to define and analyze key performance indicators that drive the business as well as develop new models to forecast growth
- Track and analyze key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics
Quarter-end Close (30%)
- Account reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Researching QoQ / YoY variances, as needed
- Provide robust analysis/explanations of actuals variance vs. forecast to management
- Assist with preparation of the Quarterly Board reporting package
Ad-hoc Analysis and P&L Support (30%)
- Assist with various ad hoc analyses and general analytical support to VP of Finance and various departments
- Review customer contracts before final customer signature
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Providing Management Team with in-depth analysis of customer attrition,
- Assist in preparing presentations for bi-monthly board meetings
- Develop insightful analyses for management team on critical business projects
What we're looking for:
The candidate for Sr, Financial Analyst will possess a record of accomplishment with proven business orientation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in Finance/FP&A, ideally in an emerging growth company, private equity, or venture firm is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with proven financial modeling skills and PowerPoint skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex data and distill this information into meaningful reports and presentations.
- Candidate should be hands on - not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
- A leader as well as a team player who takes responsibility for results
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Good chemistry and fit with the firm’s culture; a constructive positive attitude; mature and self-confident; a consensus builder and team player.
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the potential to be personally credible within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Planning: 5 years (Required)
- Financial Modeling: 5 years (Required)
- Financial Analysis: 5 years (Required)
- El Segundo, CA (Preferred)