TITLE: Facility Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Maintain building systems functioning including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety and maintenance of buildings and grounds, all equipment related to the operations (forklifts, trash compactors etc) and have familiarity with Ammonia based refrigeration systems.
REGULAR ASSIGNED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Skilled at the operation and preventative maintenance of any equipment on premise to include but not limited to: HVAC system (traditional and ammonia based), dock levelers, material handling, sanitation, ozone generators, wastewater treatment, compactors, densifiers, ice production and storage and mechanized seafood production equipment such as scaling machines (handheld or water-jetted conveyor style), skinning machines, portioning/fillet machines, grinders, pin boners and packaging machines.
- Skilled in small engine repair/maintenance.
- Manages the outside plant operations to include but not limited to cleanliness, snow removal, landscaping, line striping, parking, gate operation, trash/debris removal,
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly repairs and maintenance schedules. These items should be posted and updated when complete in the Maintenance Room.
- Support any area within the department during manpower shortages.
- Follow company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains accountability and accurate inventories of all products associated with the maintenance department.
- Ensure all HACCP/FDA/USDA/BRC procedures for all shifts are followed and the subsequent paperwork is filled out properly and timely as they relate to the facility maintenance.
- Perform personnel evaluations as needed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete projects as assigned
- Fill in various warehouse positions when staffing is short.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Progressive practical knowledge and experience in similar industries or positions.
- Two to Five years of progressively responsible, related experience in a position of comparable scope and size to JJ – distribution and manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to transfer attention from one task to another frequently without affecting performance.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to recognize and correct errors and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, hear, fit in smaller tight areas and may be required to bend, crawl, and climb more than usual.
- The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is routinely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk.
- The ability to be on your feet for hours at a time.
- The employee is capable of lifting and/or move up to 50-100 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works mostly indoors in the warehouse environment and on occasion outside for brief periods of time. The employee can be exposed to wet and/or humid, hot, cold, and snow conditions, fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to loud.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Facilities Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Handy Man: 3 years (Preferred)