Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Riverdale, Maryland as a member of the JPSS Systems Engineering Team? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
The JPSS Team provides technical direction and clarification of requirements to software and hardware development teams, and test personnel. Supports the SE team with system engineering analyses including trade studies, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification. Supports definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations. Attends technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. Provides status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks. Provides document review and helps resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. Supports engineering change proposal (ECP) efforts as required.
Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines. Candidate must be flexible to travel to Aurora, Colorado on a monthly basis for training and team interaction.
- Coursework in basic systems engineering/ system architecture design theory and process
- Understanding of the systems engineering or software development life cycle
- Coursework in requirements development, traceability and verification
- Experience working in a multi discipline or team environment
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Security Clearance - This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Candidates with a current Secret security clearance or higher are eligible for a $10,000+ sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon.
- Previous internships and work experience is desired.
- Coursework in modern application architectures or methodologies
- Coursework in aerospace engineering, environmental engineering, specialty engineering, or systems engineering
- Coursework or experience on Technical Writing
- Previous experience or course work with requirements management tools/databases
- Familiarity/coursework with conducting trade studies
- Knowledge of Command and Control, Ground System basics
- Familiarity/coursework with Use Case development
- Familiarity/coursework with UML and Rational 4+1 views
Bachelor's or Master's degree obtained within the past 18 months or by Summer 2018 in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Physics, Math or a related field. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired. Please include your transcript with your resume.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 120690
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.