Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in the DoD? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications makes you an integral part of delivering a customer-focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to shape DoD executive communications by being the lead systems engineer in a senior engineering cell. Your customer will trust you to not only design and develop these systems, but also evolve them with advanced technology solutions. On our team, you’ll be able to broaden your skill sets in system development life cycle and design, integration and implementation of large, and enterprise-scale data communications network infrastructures. Grow your skills by merging network device installation, configuration, consolidation, and integration and DoD technology innovation to create the next generation of executive communications. Join our team and create the future of executive communications in the DoD.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience with network or systems engineering in a DoD or US government environment
- 5+ years of experience with the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor networks
- Experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, including Splunk, What’s Up Gold, or Riverbed
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices, and technologies, including SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies, or 802.1x
- TS/SCI clearance required
- HS diploma or GED and 10+ years of experience with engineering
- DoD 8570.01-M or 8140 IAT II Certification required
- Experience with providing Tier III and Tier IV technical support for diagnosing and resolving systems-related issues
- Experience with validating systems configurations per customer specifications including circuit protection, transport network selection, and interworking across networks
- Experience with documenting engineering standards and developing system architecture and engineering designs and changes
- Experience with evaluating current and emerging system technologies, conducting technical assessments, and making recommendations to a client
- BA or BS degree in CS or Engineering preferred; MA or MS degree a plus
- IAT III Compliant Certification preferred
- One or more vendor Certifications, including Microsoft MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, Splunk, or Virtualization Technologies preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.