Acumen Companies, a multidisciplinary, opportunistic real estate development and investment company based in DC, is looking for a Development / Construction Manager to assist senior management in the pursuit of new investment opportunities, as well as the asset management of owned deals. This position will be responsible for sourcing, underwriting and securing multi-family real estate investment opportunities. The position will be based in DC, but also occasionally evaluate and manage opportunities in other target domestic U.S. markets.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Required: 10+ years DC-MD-VA experience managing projects for a commercial GC*
- Required: 5+ years DC-MD-VA experience full hands on entitling and permitting projects *
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Business preferred
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of building codes, construction divisions and developing schedules
- Extensive experience managing multiple projects in different phases of construction
- Full knowledge of general contracting construction process including pre-construction planning, scheduling, safety, cost controls, contract administration, and workforce supervision
- Both qualitative and quantitative skills are required, strong math and writing skills are necessary.
- Ability to lead, problem solve and coordinate overlapping activities of construction division trades
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select, supervise and coordinate work of GCs to ensure the scope of work accomplished within budget and schedule
- Works with business development to source leads and screen GC bid requests.
- Manages project budget and GC change orders
- Attends pre-bid meetings, conducts site inspections, evaluates specifications and works with the team to collect adequate data to determine bid/no-bid decision with managers
- Perform due diligence on potential architects, contractors and other development related third parties for inclusion in development projects
- Assist in underwriting and due diligence as well as suggest value engineering opportunities
- Ensures up to date, complete and accurate records, budgets, schedules and entries into project management
- Monitor and enforce on-site quality control
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to senior management.
- Perform and/or assist with special projects as needed by management.
- The position will report directly to the firm's senior principals.
- Uncompromising personal integrity.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and good self-management discipline. Capable of working effectively under pressure.
- Organized and efficient, with good ability to define priorities; good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done.
- Ability to work autonomously – this is a small firm without much administrative support.
- Must be a confident, team player who listens to internal and external input but can take decisive action.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000 to $150,000
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Construction Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)