At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
About the role:
Jackson Hewitt is looking for Digital Product Marketer with superb leadership skills, and the drive to create new experiences in our product portfolio. As part of the Jackson Hewitt team, this individual will lead multiple new product initiatives, coordinate multiple stakeholder groups involved in the product lifecycle, provide research/analysis with competitive products, evaluate emerging opportunities, support the Vice President of Digital and define business requirements to create the best possible user experience across our portfolio, including our online tax platform (Jackson Hewitt Online).
As a Digital Product Marketer, you will execute the product strategy for a broad range of consumer products and build the best brands that serve Jackson Hewitt’s users.
In this role, you will manage the product development and operations life cycle end-to-end including brainstorming features, conducting customer/competitor research, setting KPIs, driving stakeholder engagement, recommending budgets, managing operations and developing budgets.
Strong business judgment, understanding of current web trends and technologies, knowledge of product marketing best practices, and a keen focus on user experience are essential. You are someone with a passion and obsession for building world-class experiences and helping drive digital transformation for an organization.
The successful candidate will have a strong ability to:
build processes to solicit and manage stakeholder input, communicate status of initiatives and priorities, and manage against multiple priorities. This is an opportunity to help build a world-class experience for the second leading retail tax brand in the US.
- Generate support for your initiatives from stakeholders across the company
- Become an expert on the Jackson Hewitt product suite and user experience
- Understand and analyze usage across desktop and mobile web in regards to user engagement, retention and monetization.
- Develop roadmaps for key digital products
- Solicit, define, and socialize requirements for medium to large size projects that may involve phased approaches, across web and CRM
- Market and Competitive research and analysis
- Evaluate new product partners and emerging technologies to augment our experiences
- BA/BS, Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years work experience in product marketing or related field
- Knowledge of web technologies and understanding of various a project management methodologies including Agile
- Ability to write clear and concise project documents
- Proven track record for building or managing products or product initiatives from ideation to launch to operation (including budgeting).
- Ability to manage multiple (4-6 at any given time) projects effectively
- Exceptional executive presence and the ability to clearly articulate a strategy
- Solid understanding of user engagement, business goals and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into business requirements and priorities
- Previous experience working within a consumer financial services business preferred
- Experience conceptualizing and implementing products across multiple platforms and devices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-tech, rapidly growing and exciting environment
- Team-player, self-managed and fast-learner. Team-player is extremely important to the group.
- A strategic and analytical mindset that allows you to make data-driven decisions; prioritize projects, launches, and features; and balance immediate requirements with a long-term vision
- Experience working in start-up environment and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Enthusiasm for every phase of product development – from strategy and conceptualization, to feature definition, working with a cross-functional project team, and launch
- Experience with A/B testing, Google Analytics and other analytics tools
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Experience with campaign analytics
- Experience working in an environment with multiple vendors and technology providers
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Pay Type Salary