The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
Additional Job Elements:
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length;
Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques(how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Previous Sort Center experience is preferred.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation