Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
Staff Software Engineer is a key technical contributor who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can design, modify, develop, write and implement software
applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, Service oriented architecture(SOA) and turns concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on
enriched customer experience
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Deliver high quality code with attention to detail
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Conducts code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to
accommodate offshore team needs
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of Core Java development experience using J2EE
- Must have experience with implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Must have experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL. - Experience with AWS cloud technology, DevOps and Jenkins required.
- Experience with Kafka, ActiveMQ, Metronome, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic strongly desired.
- Strong integration background required - integrating multiple systems together including mapping and transformation of
- Familiar with security concepts ( authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies,
firewalls, multi protocol gateways.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment required.
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.