EdTheory is currently looking for Licensed Occupational Therapists (OT) to fill multiple full-time, school-based positions in the Los Angeles area, CA. Candidates with 1 to 2 years of experience working as an Occupational Therapist preferably in a school system or other pediatric practice setting preferred. New grads are welcome to apply!
EdTheory Benefits Offered for School Year 2018-19
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits [ Medical I Dental I Vision]
- Group Life and Professional Liability Insurance
- 401K Retirement plan with company match
- Clinical Support, Supervision and Mentoring
- Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Bonus
- Paid Sick Leaves
- Corporate Wellness Incentive
- Financial fitness planning
- Unlimited CEUs (online)
- Education Loan Repayment Program for New Grads
- Mobile learning solution for PK-12 education
- Therapy Materials [as needed]
- Licensure I Credentials new application and renewals fees
- Work Visa and Green Card Sponsorship
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- AT&T Signature employee discount program
- TaW exclusive employee savings
- Volunteering and Internship opportunities
Responsibilities of the Licensed Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Work with school-aged students training fine motor skills, positioning and self-help skills.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of student occupational performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning and service delivery.
- Teach anxiety management techniques.
- Evaluate the student’s ability and formulates the student’s occupational profile through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists, histories and interviews.
- Develop occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results.
Requirements of the Licensed Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy or a related field. Successfully completed and graduated from an accredited occupational therapy professional program recognized by NBCOT and have completed all fieldwork requirements.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience as an occupational therapist, preferably in school system or other pediatric practice setting.
- Familiarity with school systems, including Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), web-based IEP programs, and working with a school site team preferred.
- Initial certification by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Current license by the California Board of Occupational Therapy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year