Click Here Returning User?
Location:Irving, TX Requisition ID:2019-131 Job Type:Full-Time Posting Date:03/14/2019 Closing Date:
Assistant Electrical Manager
Irving, TX – Corporate Headquarters
DAVACO is the leading total solutions provider of high-volume remodels, rollouts, surveys and technology deployments for global brands. With over 1,100 W-2 and T-4 employees located across the United States and Canada, DAVACO offers a strategic approach that integrates innovative technology solutions, unmatched expertise, exceptional value and consistent quality for the management and execution of high-volume, high-velocity brand initiatives. All programs are supported by ClearThread® Technologies for data collection and reporting.
Program and project management; Fixture, equipment and graphic installations; Digital signage/digital menu boards; Kiosks, beacons and other technology upgrades; Hard and soft-line merchandising; Site, marketing and pre-construction surveys; Logistics and consolidation; Facilities maintenance programs; Special initiatives.
DAVACO is currently looking for a dynamic Electrician with a solid background of managing large traveling teams of electricians of 40 plus. The Assistant Electrical Manager is customer facing and must have a proven track record for excellent customer service. This position will be responsible for scheduling the headcount to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, provide coaching, mentoring, and recommend training for electricians. In addition, this position must have experience in managing budgets and to be able to create and analyze reports to make recommendations for project changes and improvements.
- Provide assistance to the Sr. Electrical Manager to organize, plan, and implement project requirements, and ensure safety rules and policies are followed
- Act as the liaison between the electricians and operations execute projects
- Manage the project logistics when scheduling headcount for multiple projects running simultaneously
- Responsible for employee performance management and recommend training needs
- Assist with workforce planning to make recommendations to forecast additional headcount
- Ensure that operating costs and resources are within the scope of the approved contract
- Effective communication skills to understand customer needs and provide workable solutions
- Conduct onsite project audits to ensure the work is meeting the requirements that are detailed within the scope of work provided through the contract
- Periodically provide project progress reports to ensure deadlines are being met
Job Attributes and Skills
Ability to be self-directed
Ability to multi task
Ability to organize and prioritize work
Strong written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
Communicate clearly, professionally and proactively (both written and verbal) with teammates to ensure timely completion of duties
Strong interpersonal skills essential
- Five to ten years of proven Electrician experience
- Two to five years of managing teams of Electricians
- Must have a Journeyman License in at least one state
- Two to five years’ experience in managing financial budgets
- Advance knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, email)
- Position requires advance knowledge in managing apps on a Smartphone
- Flexibility to work in shifts, although this position will regularly work as normal 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday workweek.
- Ability to travel 20%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
DAVACO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Supports a Diverse, Inclusive Work Environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident substance abuse testing. We also perform pre-employment background checks.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or (214)-373-4700.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend, stoop, reach, lift, sit, stand, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone calls. Standing is required for filing and copying.