- BA or BS in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 5+ years in program or project management experience in related markets
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and teams, concurrently.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
We are looking for a passionate, high-energy individual who is excited to design and innovate on the leading edge for operations, supply chain, and fulfillment. Our Global Specialty Fulfillment (Amazon Fresh, Prime Now and Pantry) team is looking for a qualified individual with a track record of working in a fast-paced collaborative environment. This position will work extensively with project stakeholders, business teams, and other internal/external partners to define, create, implement, and execute new projects/programs through their lifecycle. Our ideal candidate will have experience at various stages of development including, but not limited to due diligence, estimating, contract management, people management, procurement, and permitting.
Successful candidates will have experience with the design-build / design-bid-build process and have a consistent track record of delivering results. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives.
- Lead the design of our grocery fulfillment centers and other specialty type projects to meet Amazon needs and requirements
- Coordinate with contractors, operations, and maintenance teams to ensure technical and operational expertise if factored into design
- Negotiate scope, price, and terms and conditions for Design works
- Lead and review Design Consultants with regard to quality, schedule, and costs
- Innovate new storage and Material Handling and Equipment (MHE) solutions to support ultra-fast grocery fulfillment while reducing fixed cost investment.
- Develop and nurture relationships with Design Consultants, storage, and MHE vendors to implement solutions within the Global Specialty Fulfillment network.
- Partner with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
- Drive global standardization of operating practices, businesses processes, and reporting with fulfillment center, retail, finance, transportation, and supply chain stakeholders.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Design and Construction experience in the retail and grocery industry, with an emphasis on chilled and frozen facility design.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, think big and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability in managing teams, project execution and delivery
- Experience in managing contracts, budgets, and project production
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age