New York, NY
Sirius XM, the broadcast leader providing music across all genres, live play-by-play sports, the biggest names in news and talk, is looking to hire talented members for our growing Traffic Department. The Traffic team focuses on flawless execution of copy for our News-Talk/Entertainment/Sports channels, from tracking commercial scripts, ensuring all copy/creative is received and input in our Wide Orbit and automated systems in a timely manner while working closely with the ad sales team, and our valuable clients. The traffic coordinator, will interface directly with agencies/clients in obtaining copy and instructions for scheduled sales orders. Traffic coordinator, working closely with programming and broadcast operations, will also edit all logs to ensure best placement of spots and support the businesses high-volume and fast-paced team.
If you are going to work in Traffic, why not Traffic with one of the fastest growing ad sales businesses in media! Join the winning team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist traffic supervisors and manager with other activities as assigned and serve as back-up.
- Review and assess any ad sales creative issues that affect tracking, successful execution, reporting and downstream billing.
- Work closely with the ad sales account executives to ensure that copy is meeting the expectation of the client and missing copy is received timely.
- Ensure logs are formatted and commercials are scheduled properly and that all logs have been loaded into automation system.
- Provide unsurpassed customer service.
- Liaise among sales department, engineering operations, and programming and commercial production departments.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or business preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 2+ years of traffic experience.
- Must be flexible to accommodate last minute business as well as blackout vacation periods.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Wide Orbit Paradigm Broadview experience preferred but not required.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled