Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) Sustained Support Contract (NISSC).
NISSC will provide accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States.
NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
This position is for an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to perform systems security engineering in support of new systems fielding’s and upgrades to legacy space and ITW/AA programs in the Raytheon Consolidated Engineering Laboratory (RCEL) in Raytheon’s Colorado Springs, CO facility and/or the Test Development Facility (TDF) located at Peterson AFB CO and NISSC operational locations.
• Analysis of cyber requirements and potential design solutions, providing guidance and direction related to security technologies, performing analysis on cybersecurity collected data and test results, identifying and implementing cybersecurity design, and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related documentation.
• Performing and providing vulnerability assessment results and recommendations to the NISSC Program Engineer, Program Protection Lead and/or Systems Security and Accreditation section as necessary
• Assessing known systems vulnerabilities and verifying system hardening and patching activities to ensure compliance with the most current applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)/Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and related checklists
• Document, implement and prioritize patching requirements across the organizational enterprise
• Develop scripts to automate the system installation of required patches and configurations to remediated identified system vulnerabilities
• Responsible for the development and testing of patches to fix vulnerabilities in Windows, RHEL and Solaris operating systems and associated applications
• Assist in conducting cybersecurity audits to ensure appropriate implementation and compliance of the security posture
• Performing systems security engineering and test efforts associated with implementation of security controls on networking devices, databases, operating systems, hardware and software components
• Developing vulnerability reports and investigating impact, resolution and verification of security vulnerabilities and patches as well as performing deep dive and impact analysis into failed patch deployments
• Provide regular reporting on patch management program and overall operation status of patch compliance
• Ability to support periodic travel (less than 5%)
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with a Current Top Secret (TS) or higher clearance.
• Previous experience with cyber requirements analysis, rendering of cyber solutions/architectures, and associated planning and implementation support
• Experience creating, installing, and testing vulnerability fixes to Windows and Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up
• Familiarity with RHEL, Unix Scripting, Windows PowerShell is required
• Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining)
• Experience developing secure applications that are compliant with DISA Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• The candidate should be able to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts, issues, and status
• DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II Certification or greater (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP) with at least one supporting CE/OS certificate
• Active/Current TS clearance with the ability to maintain required level
• Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
• Knowledge of the following is a plus:
• VMWare systems administration and installing and configuring VMware
• CISCO and Juniper firewall installation, configuration and administration
• Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system
• Knowledge of XML
• Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, assessing and validating compliance with IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
• Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37
• Experience working U.S. Government contract proposals as an Information Assurance/ Information Security Engineering subject matter expert
• Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
6 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related technical degree; 4 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related technical degree 119741BR 119741
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges - from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world - in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering