This position is responsible for providing customer on-site diagnosis, maintenance, repair, installation, and/or removal of basic to moderately complex electromechanical motors and equipment. Position will partner with Supervisor on complex jobs; May work independently on small to medium accounts and/or moderately complex jobs.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Read work scopes to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Analyze and diagnose motors and equipment prior to repair and/or removal.
- Determine if repairs can be completed in the field or if equipment needs to be sent to the shop for repair.
- Disassemble basic to moderately complex electromechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition. Assist in the disassembly of complex equipment.
- Repair, install, and/or remove basic to moderately complex motors and equipment. Assist in the repair, installation, and/or removal of complex equipment.
- Perform basic tests of electromechanical equipment and document accordingly. Troubleshoot known or suspected problems.
The position requirements are:
- Associate's degree and/or trade school degree in electrical or mechanical studies preferred.
- Three years of hands-on experience with mechanical or electrical equipment.
- AC and/or DC experience and knowledge including working with small or large horsepower motors and equipment.
- Based on location, may require Vibration Institute Certification, Category I or must be working toward Category I Certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills working directly with customers at their work sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a team on complex customer jobs.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division including understanding fractions and percentages.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Ability to operate various hand tools and dill press.
- Although seldom, ability to work in confined spaces.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Mechanic/Field Service: 5 years