Kelly Engineering has a great Business Development Representative (Clinical Research Services) in the following locations: (Raleigh NC, Boston MA, Philadelphia PA, New York City, and more)
You would be accountable for all selling activities for the entire Clinical Services portfolio, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory using a defined sales approach. This role creates, submits for approval, and executes an agreed upon Sales Plan which will meet assigned goals and objectives related to revenue and gross margin growth outlined in our Internal Operating Plan (IOP)
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, submit for management approval, and implement a written Business Development plan.
- Develop attractive customer propositions across the range of Clinical Services based on their current and future needs as uncovered during the sales process
- Close and win business from both existing and new customers and business segments
- Be responsible for the submission of commercially viable quotations that are in line with or above company growth expectations, with the support of your line manager
- Track and report progress against assigned objectives weekly to designated management personnel using salesforce.com or other systems/documents as needed
- Timely and consistent updating of information in salesforce.com to ensure information is never more than a week old
- Forecast monthly projected BD wins and business impact based on current pipeline analysis
- Follow up with customers post sale in order to ensure customer satisfaction and appropriately transfer to post-sale customer service teams
- Build, maintain, expand and grow key customer relationships so that future growth opportunities can be closely aligned with customer requirements
- Capture and document competitive sales tactics and submit relevant expanded service and/or program ideas that could generate new areas of interest for the Clinical Services business.
- Capture competitor intelligence in the market place and submit into the marketing team
- Overall expectation is that 40% of time is spent on pro-active prospecting, 40% time is spent on developing solutions and closing out opportunities, 20% time to be spent on forecasting, reporting and other administrative duties
- Be a subject matter expert and key contributor in large or global RFPs
- Understand and work within key sales and operations processes within Clinical Services
- Travel to visit customers, host customer visits and represent the company at trade shows
- Represent the company and present a professional image to customer to supply an outstanding image and impression of the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/applicable experience
- 5+ years of business development or experience where multiple people are involved in the purchasing decision and there is a solution based selling approach
- A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
- Business-to-business (B2B) sales experience, with preference given to those with distribution experience and a scientific background and/or having work in a laboratory or research environment
- Knowledge of effective business development approaches in the Biopharma industry is preferred
- Demonstrated capability to effectively utilize best in class selling processes and technology platforms
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers and internal staff
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with business owners and decision makers, over the phone, through email and in person
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; prioritizing multiple and conflicting tasks
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions with a focus on providing solutions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and assigned business accounts
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Previous work with salesforce.com an advantage
Please apply now!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.