$55,000 - £125,000 in year 1
55 Water Street, New York
GDS Group is a global event, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital disruptive business environment. Our international B2B summits and be-spoke events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. Whether it’s brokering real solutions to existing or upcoming business projects, providing greater insight into emerging trends and their outcomes, or delivering the tools needed to enable meaningful organisational change, our events, services and experience provide the intelligence needed to make our customers’ business projects a success.
The clients we work with on each product include fortune 500, blue chip and multinational companies- generally at Director-level and above. Our extensive client base includes: Microsoft, Adidas, HPE, Nike, Oracle, Citigroup and SAP to name a few. You will be expected to deal competently and confidently at a C’ suite level within typical organisations of this caliber.
We employ over 300 staff across Bristol, Miami, NYC and Kosovo, grew by 26% in 2018 and are on track to grow by 35% in 2019. Due to continued growth we are looking for bright, articulate, career-driven sales professionals to join our business development division based in our New York office.
Senior Business Development Executive - Responsibilities
- Research both the client, product and industry to build a complete understanding for each new prospect.
- Proactively prospecting to identify a strong pipeline of new business. Ensure you are well informed and credible on the opportunity.
- Building strong and enduring personal relationships with new clients.
- Build a clear understanding of the decision making process and key stakeholders for each new client.
- Prepared for and connected to the right decision maker with an explicit purpose, outcome and insightful questioning approach.
- Excelling at demonstrating and understanding the value that our proposition provides to its clients.
- Identifying client needs and consulting with them about the right product solution to ensure a successful outcome and delivering a demonstrable ROI.
- Managing opportunities throughout the entire new business sales cycle.
- Network with existing and new clients to identify new opportunities. Resourcefully using your network to deepen your product and market knowledge.
- Build collaborative internal partnerships on product development, marketing, insight, fulfillment and campaign management.
- Meet and exceed all KPI’s and Revenue targets. Managing your sales activity to meet the plan.
- Ensuring all existing and new clients activities are logged and opportunities updated in Salesforce for accurate forecasting.
- Sharing successes and learning, experiences and knowledge with the rest of the team, creating a supportive and collaborative culture.
Senior Business Development Executive - Desired Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, resilient and have illustrated achievement of performance in their track record.
- High caliber sales professional: strong open, pitch, objection handling and closing skills.
- Degree qualified or equivalent desirable, but not essential.
- Intelligent, authentic, ethical and articulate with the ability to deliver a solution based sales approach.
- Analytical, financially astute and numerate, knowing your bargaining power, value and leverage.
- A high level of business acumen. Able to connect new business opportunities to clients based on trends in customer spend, budget, market and business drivers.
- Technical: able to answer technical answers around product and fulfillment
- Curious and tenacious: Ability to deconstruct and interpret the relative business sectors at a granular level.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with key clients.
- Candidates must be individuals who can consult with senior level decision makers with authority, confidence and intelligence.
- Comfortable working within a team and contributing to its overall success
- Exceptionally motivated and driven to hit KPIs and targets and develop yourself and others.
- Experience using CRM, ideally Salesforce to manage productivity and visibility of personal pipeline.
GDS Group offers;
- Ongoing training. Throughout your career at GDS Group you'll receive continued career development support from our management team
- Uncapped earning potential. Structured commission scheme, and quarterly and annual financial incentives and prizes
- Exceptional career progression. We're a true meritocracy where your success will be rewarded faster, you’ll be promoted sooner, and you will work with the best
- Global opportunities. We are a global company with offices in Miami, NY and Bristol, UK - that means great scope for our staff as well as opportunities to travel